Information about the Level I Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist Fitness and Coaching Professionals Certification
Level I: Fitness and Coaching Professionals
The Level I METS Fitness and Coaching Professionals (FCP) Certification clinic is a comprehensive 7-hour course that will discuss the health and performance benefits of Metabolic Efficiency training. Complex nutrition and fitness/coaching information will be presented in simple implementation strategies so each participant will be able to utilize and teach the concept in an easy manner. Behavior modification techniques will be presented as well as nutrition periodization as it relates to metabolic efficiency and nutrient timing strategies. Lastly, Metabolic Efficiency testing will be discussed briefly and each participant will learn the protocol for conducting a Metabolic Efficiency test as well as the basic interpretation of test data and how it relates to working with athletes.
This certification is designed for personal trainers, health and wellness coaches, and sport coaches. There are no formal education requirements, but at least 3 years of recent work experience in a fitness, training, or coaching profession is required. Depending on current work experience and educational background, you may be required to complete the METS Prerequisite Course.
I. Introduction and Background
- History of Metabolic Efficiency
- Reasoning including GI distress, nutrient partitioning, body weight/composition, health markers
- Methods of manipulation
- Exercise and coaching strategies
- Nutritional science
II. Health Markers
- Metabolic syndrome and the association to Metabolic Efficiency
III. Daily Nutrition Implementation Strategies
- Behavior change theory and implementation strategies based on readiness to change
- Goal setting
- Nutritional myth busting
- Discussion of five nutritional methods to improve Metabolic Efficiency
IV. Training Nutrition Strategies
- Nutrient timing before, during and after exercise/training
- How to alter nutrient timing with enhanced Metabolic Efficiency
V. Metabolic Efficiency Assessments
- Basic interpretation (including exercise prescription, zone setting, nutrition intervention)
VI. Metabolic Efficiency Case Studies and Exercise Prescriptions/Nutrition Interventions
- Example of a high carbohydrate, low protein, low fat individual
- Example of a macronutriently balanced individual
- Example of a low carbohydrate, moderate protein, high fat individual
Level I program format (3 parts):
Part 1: Self-Paced Reading
All participants are required to read the resources listed below prior to attending the onsite clinic. Learning objectives will be provided. Electronic copies of the books are included in the registration fee.
- “Metabolic Efficiency Training: Teaching the Body to Burn Fat” (2nd edition) by Bob Seebohar
- “Athlete’s Food Guide to Metabolic Efficiency Training” by Bob Seebohar and Dina Griffin
Part 2: Onsite Certification Clinic
Participants will attend an 7-hour certification clinic. Locations can be found HERE. The course instructor will be Dina Griffin, MS, RD, CSSD, METS II, Sport Dietitian at eNRG performance.
Part 3: Examination
Upon completion of the Level I METS-FCP certification program, participants will receive an essay exam to be completed and returned within 1 month of the certification clinic date. You must receive a passing score of 90% in order to receive the METS-FCP certification and to be listed as a certified Level I METS-FCP professional on this website.
Investment and More Information
- $499 early registration special if registering 1 month or more in advance of clinic date
- $599 if registering within 30-day window of clinic date
- Limited to 20 participants
- Upon acceptance into the clinic, payment must be made in full to secure your spot in the certification clinic.
- Certification clinic will provide 5 CEU's for USA Triathlon certified coaches (must pass exam first).
- This certification is valid for 2 years. Detailed options for certification renewal will be provided during the onsite clinic. Click HERE for an overview about recertification.
THERE IS A NO REFUND POLICY. PLEASE BE SURE YOU CAN COMMIT TO ATTENDING THE COURSE BEFORE SUBMITTING PAYMENT.
Follow the steps below to apply for this certification clinic
Step 1: Submit application (click on button)
Step 2: Wait 7 days for application review
Step 3: Submit payment